Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Myone - Only unfulfilled love is romantic.

I dreamed of someone very special last night. I often wonder if the people I incessantly think about are also thinking of me simultaneously. If we could somehow measure brainwaves, wouldn't it be truly profound if we discovered we dream about each other on the same days? Or we had the same dream on the same night? Like when I used to think about you so hard and then suddenly you would call? Or we're calling each other at the same time so we're blocking each others phone lines? And we both leave voice messages at the same time? Remember that?

He’s the only man I know who's bold enough to be angry with me. Hang up on me. Scold me. Question me. Confront me. Truly call me out on my bullshit and properly punish me. Make me own up to myself

He’s not afraid of me.

He fights me like he’s not afraid of loosing me. Even though he has no idea that he's My One. He thinks he's like everyone else. Replaceable. He does this not as to abuse his unknown privileges as the person I cannot release, but to stand up for himself under my tyrannical rule. I love him for this. He doesn't care if he adores me, I have to know that I do shitty shit and I ought to know better. Naughty Girl. He'll risk losing me for equality. For democracy. As if he could live without me.

We can’t even be on the same continent without burning bridges to be together.

I remember when you were so angry with me we didn’t talk for months, and then one day you called and we didn’t even bother apologizing to each other. I could recognize your voice through water. After that you christened my dark side: Thobitchile. (Which has now become a household name).

You’re the only one who has admitted to me that you can NEVER trust me, and it only proved to me that you don’t need trust to love.

I know I can’t be trusted.

My worst fear is that one of us will die before we ever have a chance.
That the one shot we had was all we’ll ever have and we were too young anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment