Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Milk in my coffee -sneak peek-

This quote is a sneak peek on my next topic. Feel free to message me with anything on your mind you'd like to contribute to the righteous cause.

"You know what I find interesting? Black men are ALWAYS so quick to say that they date other races of women because of the stereotypes of "black" women, and yet do not acknowledge the stereotypes about black men. Black women are loud and have attitude? I would go into the stereotypes of black men, but they would come across as extremely harsh (See prison statistics, categorize how black men approach you versus any other race of men, etc.) But what makes this so interesting... if you look at statistics and media perception today, and simply notice the couples around you, it's not men of color who are dating white women: It's women of color who are who are dating white men."

No comments:

Post a Comment