Saturday, January 23, 2010

Unpretty Blog

I've been having alot of conversations about the female body image lately. Most men don't understand at ALL why most women never reach a confident place with their bodies. I don't know why either. All I know is that lately, I've been feeling pretty unpretty. It's the all over feeling. Sometimes it can be fixed with new clothing, but I have financial goals this year that have no space for splurging every time I feel unpretty. It can be temporarily subsided with drugs or alcohol but that's part of the problem... what I need to do is completely accept and embrace my body despite my very harsh opinions of it, because even if it was perfect, I'm willing to bet my pinky on the fact that I'd still find a way to criticize it. I could work more on my body, but like a millionaire once told me, the hardest part about working out is talking yourself into it. Today in particular, I'm still talking myself into it. I think the moment I start taking serious and follow-up steps towards the betterment of my appearance, consistency will come into my life like an answered prayer. I need persistence, and consistence, and diligence like a whore needs a dollar. How do I get it? By repeating my "good for me" actions, Never giving up, and happily doing it. I need to force laziness out of my system, it's starts with baby steps. Plus keeping myself busy will keep the critic in me quiet. She bores the shit out of me

No comments:

Post a Comment